Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Soon to be Propeller user. — Parallax Forums

Soon to be Propeller user.

RichardFRichardF Posts: 168
edited 2007-05-19 00:45 in Propeller 1
Hi everyone,
I am new to the Parallax forums and I am shifting from Basic Stamp projects to Propeller projects. As soon as the PropStick is off backorder I will get mine. My primary interest is robotics. I have built a robot similar to BoeBot using the Stamp2 and I am ready to start adding navigation and obstacle avoidance. I can't see investing anymore of my time in·my Stamp2 bot with the power of the Propeller chip being available at a similar price. I am not interested in video, mouse or keyboard interfacing at this point so I felt the PropStick would be a good way to go versus the development kit. I watched the video clip of a PID BoeBot versus a PID PEK Bot and I was blown away at the difference. My long term goal is to be able to send a bot through our nearby woods, on its' own, taking pictures and recording sounds. I have the technical knowledge to know what is required to do that, the implementation is, of course. the problem! I am a retired Navy Nuc sub driver and airline pilot, who likes to fly RC planes, dabble in electronics (process and motion control) and fish. Oh yeah, and travel with my wife to.tongue.gif
Cheers,
Richard

Comments

• CJCJ Posts: 470
    edited 2007-05-19 00:45
    from your description of what you want to do, the PRC may be a better fit www.wulfden.org/PRC/
    it requires a bit of soldering, but is very nice for robotics

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Parallax Forums - If you're ready to learn, we're ready to help.