Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Updated help file (1.51.03) and printable help file (PDF). — Parallax Forums

Updated help file (1.51.03) and printable help file (PDF).

BeanBean Posts: 8,129
edited 2007-07-09 18:25 in General Discussion
A new help file has been created and updated to version 1.51.03.
Also a printable pdf of the help file has been created.

Both can be downloaded the this thread http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=597707

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"Educate your children to self-control, to the habit of holding passion and prejudice and evil tendencies subject to an upright and reasoning will, and you have done much to abolish misery from their future and crimes from society"

Benjamin Franklin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.hittconsulting.com
·

Comments

• CCraigCCraig Posts: 163
    edited 2007-05-16 04:21
    Very nice. Thank you for all your hard work. I really like the pdf.

Chris
  • T'SaavikT'Saavik Posts: 60
    edited 2007-05-16 20:47
    THIS PDF IS AWESOME!!!

Truly great, thanks!

I'm not sure which examples are new/updated/ones i never discovered, but I'm loving it!
    I'm really excited to try some of those commands I've been avoiding/ignorant of out [noparse]:D[/noparse]

Quick question on readinc, i think i understand it (incs the offset if specified, otherwise the base), but i see other examples in the PDF using it along with a "inc IDX" on the next line?! Were those examples that were updated but the "inc IDX" was accidentally left in? Or am i missing something?

p.s. Not that it matters, but i think the release date on page 3 of the changelog is wrong [noparse]:D[/noparse]

Post Edited (T'Saavik) : 5/16/2007 8:58:39 PM GMT
  • SSteveSSteve Posts: 808
    edited 2007-05-16 22:57
    On page 3 of the PDF under Added Conditional Compilation Directives there's a directive called "INFDEF" listed twice. I'm guessing one is supposed to be "IFDEF". Is the other supposed to be "IFNDEF"? Neither "INFDEF" nor "IFNDEF" appear anywhere in the file.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    OS-X: because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows

links:
    My band's website
    Our album on the iTunes Music Store
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2007-05-17 00:23
    Yeah you're right. It should be IFDEF and IFNDEF.
    Good catch.
    P.S. Just wondering if anyone has printed the entire thing ?

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Educate your children to self-control, to the habit of holding passion and prejudice and evil tendencies subject to an upright and reasoning will, and you have done much to abolish misery from their future and crimes from society"

Benjamin Franklin
    www.hittconsulting.com

Post Edited (Bean (Hitt Consulting)) : 5/17/2007 12:27:52 AM GMT
  • william chanwilliam chan Posts: 1,326
    edited 2007-05-17 01:04
    Bean,

Why SX28 cannot use the CMOS command?

Thanks.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.fd.com.my
    www.mercedes.com.my
    edited 2007-05-17 01:27
    Because you cannot read the CMOS register back. So you can't change individual bits.
    You CAN use the CMOS parameter with the PIN declaration.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Benjamin Franklin
    www.hittconsulting.com
    ·
  • John BondJohn Bond Posts: 369
    edited 2007-05-17 10:01
    Thanks Mr Hitt - you are a star

The PDF looks great, I've just shut our networked printer down for half an hour to print the 245 pages.

The help file is also great.

For some reason, my SXB still loads the old help file when I select it from the menu. Not an issue because I have an Icon for the latest Help File on my desktop and usually have two or three copies open at any time.

Great work to you and the people who helped you, CONGRATULATIONS.
    John Bond

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • CCraigCCraig Posts: 163
    edited 2007-05-17 14:12
    John,

Find you current help file. Should be in the "SXB" folder under the "Compilers" folder under "SX key" folder. Rename or archive the sxb.chm file. (I like to keep the old one). Copy the new sxb.chm file to that folder and you're good to go.

HTH, Chris
  • John BondJohn Bond Posts: 369
    edited 2007-05-21 08:46
    Thanks Chris - I thought I did this but I missed the new folder.
    ·
    Bean
    ·
    The PDF is great. I've read it from cover to cover as I am sure most of the other SX users have done. Parts I've read twice and the sections on interrupts and timers I've read three times.
    ·
    Hey, this old and slow brain of mine is starting to understand... (us people of Africa think more slowly)
    ·
    I believe that the flexibility, the VPs and the ability to handle the interrupts, WDT, comparator, timer ports, PWM and ADC make the SX so much more powerful than the Stamp2. I realize that the limit to what I can do with this little board (I like the sx48) is my imagination.
    ·
    Well done! Well done! Well done!
    John Bond

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • Sparks-R-FunSparks-R-Fun Posts: 388
    edited 2007-06-08 22:17
    I was looking at an INTERRUPT command example in the new help file, the one that uses edge detection to indicate which button was pressed first. It looks like the following assignment statement is in the wrong order.

ISR_Start:
      WKPND_B = winner                 ' get winner

Is this the case?

- Sparks
    edited 2007-06-09 02:51
    Nope that is the way the WKPND_B register works. It actually swaps the values from WKPND_B and winner.
    You would set winner to the value to want to make WKPND_B then after then instruction winner will hold what WKPND_B had before the instruction.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    “The United States is a nation of laws -· poorly written and randomly enforced.” - Frank Zappa

www.hittconsulting.com
    ·
  • Sparks-R-FunSparks-R-Fun Posts: 388
    edited 2007-06-12 23:48
    Would introducing a new symbol for this operation like <=> be too confusing? For me it would make it clearer that this is not the standard assignment operation.

- Sparks
  • Capt. QuirkCapt. Quirk Posts: 872
    edited 2007-07-09 18:25
    The purpose of my comments on this thread and One other, before my melt down, was to applaud any effort to get more information out there about SX/B

That was the purpose of the BEST THREADS INDEX.

Any comments on the Books recently was never to meant to Bash the authors for the lack of a book.