Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Program Help — Parallax Forums

Program Help

curious1curious1 Posts: 104
edited 2007-05-12 22:41 in General Discussion
Post Edited By Moderator (Joshua Donelson (Parallax)) : 10/23/2009 4:34:17 AM GMT

Comments

• crgwbrcrgwbr Posts: 614
    edited 2007-05-10 22:15
    A program like Roborealm (free) running on a PC can do this with ease.

Regards,
    Craig

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code

People say that if you play Microsoft CD's backwards, you hear satanic things, but that's nothing, because if you play them forwards, they install Windows.

I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident. I was thinking "What the heck is this guy doing?"
  • Sparks-R-FunSparks-R-Fun Posts: 388
    edited 2007-05-11 00:50
    What you are describing sounds similar to a CMU Cam.

- Sparks
  • curious1curious1 Posts: 104
    edited 2007-05-11 02:55
    Sparks,
    Neat little Cam. The demo video shows it having no problem tracking an 8" BRILLIANT RED Elmo @ 2 to 3'. I'd like to get some input from anyone who has experience with one.
    If someone has one set up and wouldn't mind, looks like the settings could be modified rather easily to verify that it could see a laser dot and maybe determine a max. effective distance.
    Perhaps Parallax would know....?
    The price isn't bad if it will work for me. But... I'd hate to spend that much to find out it won't.
    Thanks,
    RC

Craig,
    No PC.. This has to be "Stand Alone". Thanks
  • curious1curious1 Posts: 104
    edited 2007-05-11 17:19
    Post Edited (curious1) : 5/12/2007 1:27:26 AM GMT
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-05-11 23:42
    curious1,

Lack of a reply from Parallax doesn’t mean we won’t respond or that you are in violation of any policy. Forum members (including Parallax) reply when they have something to offer. For Tech Support this also applies if the issue is a Tech Support issue. In this case you got some replies to your question and since it’s not a Tech Support issue and we have nothing to add or offer on your specific post there was no reply. Remember, these forums are here for the free exchange of information but if you don’t get the answer you wanted it doesn’t mean anyone is ignoring you. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-05-12 22:01
    Deleting/Editing out your original post and replies is likely to cause all kinds of confusion for forum members reading this thread.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2007-05-12 22:41
    I guess he has nothing to say lol.gif