Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
how would i use the PSC with the prop? — Parallax Forums

how would i use the PSC with the prop?

boeboyboeboy Posts: 301
edited 2007-05-05 19:58 in Propeller 1
how would i use the PSC with the prop?
thanks in advance

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
lets see what this does... KA BOOM (note to self do not cross red and black)

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-05-04 03:04
    The PSC is just a serial controlled device. You can use any serial driver like FullDuplexSerial or the Spin serial routine that's part of the BS2 library. Keep in mind that the Prop can handle a lot of servos by itself (if you have the I/O pins). There's an assembly driver for up to 32 servos and a Spin driver for up to 4 servos, both downloadable from the Propeller Object Exchange.
  • boeboyboeboy Posts: 301
    edited 2007-05-04 17:04
    The reason that I ask is because I bought the PSC when it was on sale and came with two standard servos. · I know this is off topic but can you network a USB PSC and a standard PSC

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-05-04 17:19
    Yes, internally they are both serial and both have the 3-pin servo headers. Just run the extension cable between the two and jumper the second unit and you have 32 servos on one I/O line. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2007-05-04 17:46
    Can you also program the standard PSC with the USB PSC?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-05-04 19:21
    I’m not sure what you mean? If you have the USB PSC connected to the PC you can then connect an extension cable over to the Serial PSC and send commands to it for the additional 16 servos. This requires the jumper to be installed on the second unit. Is this what you’re asking?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    edited 2007-05-05 19:58
    Yes it is thank you for all your help

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔