Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Minor Version update of HYDRA CD rom — Parallax Forums

Minor Version update of HYDRA CD rom

AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
edited 2007-05-01 19:31 in Propeller 1
I am updating the HYDRA CD rom with minor things like the latest version of the propeller tool, etc. Also, putting on there any new demos anyone would like to add to the CD. Right now, I am adding the sudoko game, femto basic, logo, forth, and the hydra os, the hydra asset manager, which I have got permission from all the authors already.

SpaceWar! would be cool to add and the donkey kong, but I doubt either will be done by next friday?·But, even an alpha is better than nothing, the license for all these programs will be public domain and freely distributable of course.

Anyone else want anything on the CD to get a little famous? I need it by next friday, make sure to make it a single zip, have a readme in there, etc. and just make it easy for people to use. Make sure to put your name, and contact info in the source or read me if you want people to know who you are.

That's it!

Andre'
·

Comments

• Ed_CheekEd_Cheek Posts: 3
    edited 2007-04-29 01:14
    COOL! How will we be able to get a copy of the new CD? Will it be downloadable? I'd love to have one.

Ed Cheek
  • JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-04-29 04:06
    What is Hydra OS?
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-04-29 05:36
    No, this is just the CD that comes with the book and the hydra itself, everything else going on the CD is already available here one place or another. And no it won't be downloadable since it has all the copyrighted material on it still. Basically, the additions will be the latest version of the propeller tool, and anythnig else anyone has made on the forums for the hydra that they have already uploaded here and simply want to share with others.

The hydra OS is a simple OS made Mike Green which supports loading multiple images and other cool stuff, scan in the object exchange and the propeller forum and this one for hydra OS, propeller OS for it. But, like I said, if you are a hydra owner then you already have everything.

Andre'
  • CardboardGuruCardboardGuru Posts: 443
    edited 2007-04-30 23:40
    Definitely too early to be putting out DK on the CD! Maybe next time.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-05-01 00:05
    Perhaps a list of links to all of the "freely distributed" material included should be posted here for those who already own a copy of the Hydra manual.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Paul Baker (Parallax)) : 5/1/2007 12:18:03 AM GMT
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-05-01 00:14
    Paul,
    How about including a copy of FemtoBasic on the CD? If you need to save room, you could leave out all the non-Hydra binaries from the archive that's in the Object Exchange.
    Mike
    edited 2007-05-01 04:05
    I am not sure what you are referring to paul? What I am talking about are just things people have made that they have uploaded here, like the femtobasic, hydra os, the hydra asset manager, suduko, spacewar, and a few other things. These will all go in the goodies section of my cd. then things like the latest tool and latest copy of the pm will update the files on the CD. But, that's my job, so no one needs to worry about it, I am just make calls out to anyone that wants to put free stuff on the CD.

Right now, the problem with 90% of the propeller stuff and to a lessor extent any new hydra stuff on this board, its hard for people to know what's out there, so by placing stuff on the deployment CD, at least at the creation date of the CD, they get to see what's there and don't have to download the materials or hunt for what they don't know exists. So this is just a value add like the free PC games I put on the CD --

-- Did anyone find them yet? [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Andre'
    edited 2007-05-01 04:54
    Im just making the suggestion of making a index of links to the programs you'll be including in this thread when it goes to press. That way anyone who wants to "rev" thier existing copy they will have a delta list. Certainly they could do it themselves, but providing a set of links would expediate things.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker

Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2007-05-01 06:11
    Ahh, I see, sure, just add more work to my to do list [noparse]:)[/noparse] -- you guys never want me to sleep!

Andre'
    edited 2007-05-01 06:27
    Well at least a delta TOC and a link to http://search.parallax.com (see Ive already done part of it for you smile.gif)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker

Parallax, Inc.
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-05-01 13:39
    AndreL said...
    . So this is just a value add like the free PC games I put on the CD --

-- Did anyone find them yet? [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Andre'

Yeah we did! My 12 year old and I have been challenging each other on Meteor Strike for the last two weeks. Thanks!

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!
  • JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-05-01 19:31
    I ported over the Hydra Sound System that Ym2413a created a while back·to work on the Hydra instead of just the demo board.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=604722
    ·