Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Prop, EB500 and a Motorola RAZR phone — Parallax Forums

Prop, EB500 and a Motorola RAZR phone

JonathanJonathan Posts: 1,023
edited 2007-04-27 15:59 in Propeller 1
Hi All,

I have been scouring the web, but don't seem to be able to find any info on the bluetooth capabilities of the RAZR, at least in terms of a command set.

What I was thinking of is to be able to use a Prop and an EB500 to do things like compose text messages and and send them via the RAZR, or download/upload ringtones etc, or play with speech recognition etc. I have no real reason except that I have all the hardware and it seem potentially amusing.

Anyone know if this is possible and/or have links to information?

Jonathan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
www.madlabs.info - Home of the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Robot

Comments

• Matthew HayMatthew Hay Posts: 63
    edited 2007-04-27 11:19
    There command set it closely gaurded.· I tried contacting Motorola one day and they were not about to let anyone but a big business with lots of money even think about a NDA.

One trick I started to work on was using the Mobile phone tool (the one made specifically for Motorola phones)·and a serial port monitor/logger, unfortunately one slip of a shift delete lost most of the hd I had all that on (oh well had too much junk anyway).

You might get lucky if you can find an open source PIM that can connect to the Motorola phones.

Good Luck
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 1,023
    edited 2007-04-27 15:59
    Matthew,

I had a feeling from the lack of info on the web that this might be the case. I am not the guy who is going to push the frontier and figure it out. Oh well, I thought it might be fun.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.madlabs.info - Home of the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Robot