Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Question regarding Hydra Sound Driver — Parallax Forums

Question regarding Hydra Sound Driver

Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
edited 2007-04-24 05:08 in Propeller 1
I'm looking at the idea of using the SD code to read/send data to the PCM sound driver that comes with the Hydra book/Cd 'NS_sound_drv_050_22khz_16bit' The idea is to read the BYTE data from a file on the flash, streaming it into the PCM driver allowing "almost" unlimited file size and feeding it byte by byte into the driver.

Question: What is the format of the converted data from XGSBMP? Does a single byte contain enough information about a single tone to allow the PCM driver to generate the frequency/duration of a single tone?

(Yes, I know that my samples will be 1000x larger than the games.... [noparse]:)[/noparse] )

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!

Comments

• Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-04-24 05:06
    Hmm.. I'm still curious about the nature of the raw data, but in doing some speed tests with Tom's SD reader, I'm starting to doubt that it will be able to keep up with the required sample rate.

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-04-24 05:08
    Just look at the piano demo, it shows examples of the data it simply unsigned 8-bit samples --

Andre'