Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
In case you missed it — Parallax Forums

In case you missed it

Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
edited 2007-04-20 07:52 in Propeller 1
Just in case you're not one to visit the other sections of the forums, I've started a thread in the HYDRA section called "Converting HYDRA specific programs to other boards" -- With Andre's blessing I've been posting conversion instructions for programs from the Hydra Book/CD. This is for those who are also newbies like myself who would appeciate seeing what this propeller can do. I've personally found the book to be a very worthwhile investment.

Here's the thread.
http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=645502

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2007-04-20 07:52
    Yeah, I saw your other post.

The book is amongst Parallax's Classic Texts. The others are the PBasic Manual, What's a Microcontroller?, and Guenter's SX manual. All these books make it so much easier to learn than what I have used for other vendor's products. Having little goodies - like a resistor color code or the musical note scale - really saves huge amounts of time. And since most of us are doing this in our spare time, it magnifys the pleasure.

A friend just gave me a 17" color CRT monitor. I have been restructuring my tablespace to once again get going with the Hydra and the Propeller. By moving the code to the Propeller Demo board it really allows me to save the Hydra for finished product.

Having just taken a second look at the Hydra's keyboard, I was awed - the case is aluminum, not plastic. I use a similar 'mini' keyboard at my desk, but this one is truly handsome. I may have to save it for special use and use an older big keyboard to gather dust and grime.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan

Post Edited (Kramer) : 4/20/2007 7:56:42 AM GMT