Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ultimate Protoboard Design? — Parallax Forums

Ultimate Protoboard Design?

Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
edited 2007-04-18 04:51 in Propeller 1
This might be like trying to trap a unicorn, but I'm shooting for the ultimate protoboard here. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Before I heat up my soldering pencil... What have I missed?

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
758 x 593 - 131K

Comments

• KaioKaio Posts: 253
    edited 2007-04-17 08:49
    Oldbitcollector,

I would be prefer a solution without switches. Uwe Schmidt has built a very nice development board which is full compatible to the demo board from Parallax.
    http://www.tdus.eu/online/tduscms/index.php?id=5

Onboard you have only the LED's and a serial connection. You can disconnect the LED's by a jumper. Then you can extend the board with your desired configuration by little modules which you can attach to the board. So you will be able to customize your board to any configuration which is using a Propeller.

If you are showing the shop site from Uwe please click on the left menu at "Parallax Propeller" and then at "Propeller Board" to see all currently available modules.
  • rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
    edited 2007-04-18 03:35
    What exactly are you up to?

Rich
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-04-18 03:43
    I'm thinking of being able to run Hydra software with very little software modification, and provide myself the best of both the Hydra/Demo board designs. I've revised this a little more today with the addition of another resistor jumper block on the keyboard/mouse pins so that I can plug a pre-configured prefboard into those slots that gives me Hydra pin compatible NTSC video on those lines. I'm picturing some small custom prefboards that will pull upright into various sections to give me hydra compatibility or new fuctionality. The idea is to have the most flexible proto and still keep a clean setup.

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
    edited 2007-04-18 04:13
    And then?

Rich
  • Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
    edited 2007-04-18 04:17
    No Idea... [noparse]:)[/noparse] But thats the fun of this.. I'm trying to keep as many options open as humanly possible and still mantain easy compatibility with the existing designs.

Oldbitcollector

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    edited 2007-04-18 04:26
    You are up to something... and you aren't talking[noparse]:)[/noparse]

Rich

edited 2007-04-18 04:45
    Nope really! <innocent look>... Other than attempting to construct the ultimate microcomputer around a propeller chip...
    I only look like I have a plan! tongue.gif

rjo_ said...
    You are up to something... and you aren't talking[noparse]:)[/noparse]

Rich
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The comments and code above are proof that a million monkeys with a million propeller chips *could* write Shakespeare!
    edited 2007-04-18 04:51
    Make that a parallel processing microcomputer... please.

Rich
    Put Einstein in a room with the Bros. Gracey and all the girls would be begging for more props[noparse]:)[/noparse]