Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Test flight OK — Parallax Forums

Test flight OK

M. K. BorriM. K. Borri Posts: 279
edited 2007-05-08 12:22 in Propeller 1
Test flight went OK on friday, I'm waiting for the video person to give us a dvd so I can rip & upload it.

UPDATE: Here's the videos for the plane! Videos for the boat forthcoming (they need editing to remove me having to swim after the boat, nobody wants to see a naked hairy guy)

67.15.245.144/portfolio/navcom_ai/video/

Post Edited (M. K. Borri) : 4/19/2007 9:36:15 PM GMT

Comments

• Paul_HPaul_H Posts: 85
    edited 2007-04-16 18:58
    mk,
    that great to hear. Dev of my UAV software return home has slowed due to that pesky job...

I hope your success continues.
    paul
  • M. K. BorriM. K. Borri Posts: 279
    edited 2007-04-18 20:32
    I have the video (and a server to put them on).

Quik question -- what format is preferred? avi, mpeg, qt...?
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-04-18 20:54
    M. K. Borri said...
    I have the video (and a server to put them on).

Quik question -- what format is preferred? avi, mpeg, qt...?
    This day and age, You Tube, no codecs and·no platform issues (plus you do not have to pay for the bandwidth of hosting it).
    But of your list, mpeg is the least amount of hassle in re codecs and platform issues.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Paul Baker (Parallax)) : 4/18/2007 8:58:53 PM GMT
    edited 2007-04-19 01:33
    Thanks, will do. Sorry it is taking so long for the videos but the guy who was filming is an independent filmmaker and wanted to do a clean cut, etc. even if we told him we needed raw video so you can see we're not cheating.

How do I convert from quicktime to youtube? I have quicktime files for now.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-04-19 01:43
    YouTube accepts .WMV, .AVI, .MOV, and .MPG file formats.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2007-04-19 04:44
    thanks!
    edited 2007-04-19 16:48
  • Shane De CataniaShane De Catania Posts: 67
    edited 2007-04-19 23:55
    Looks great M. K... so what exactly have you implemented here using the propeller?
    edited 2007-04-20 00:59
    I'll venture a guess -> Its for dropping a rescue package to a lost hiker for the Australian UAV challenge (am I right??) I was going to enter, but I know I wouldn't be ready by the entry cutoff in March.

Good luck if this is it!

Paul

The UAV contest link was:
    http://www.uavoutbackchallenge.com.au/
    edited 2007-04-20 03:14
    No, it's to drop a package for no reason in particular (we figured it'd be cool, is all). I had no idea there was a challenge for this, can I still enter it? [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Prop talks to sensors and to GPS, does interpolation, steers (rudder only right now), determines drop distance.
    edited 2007-04-20 21:40
    Unfortunately, its closed now -- but there is always next year and you look like you have a good leg up on the current challenge. Take a look at the rule son the above website and I think you;ll agree

When your able (I understand its a school project?) I'd love to see/use some of your code snips - I still need to properly parse the $GPRMC string into numbers for my nav calcs (which I also still need...lol) for my come-home feature of my first-person UAV. At least I am able to capture and pass servo data.

The prop seems to have enough power to also use the TV text for an OSD. I hope it does!

Paul
    edited 2007-04-21 02:05
    Did I give you my parse int / parse float code? Also, I will release the code April 27th (next friday) because that's when I graduate. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

I used to use the TV for that, but switched to serial telemetry.
  • rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
    edited 2007-04-21 16:58
    MK...

While you are waiting for next years contest to roll around...

The largest British tabloid... the Sun... is having problems in Romania.

I started out carrying news papers at the age of 6... best job I ever had.
    I'm not generally in favor of replacing our paper carriers with robots... but your truck looks like a viable option in Romania.
    Possibly you could get a grant to further the concept.

The Sun is owned by News Group Ltd...http://www.thesun.co.uk/section/0,,22,00.html

Nice work!!

Rich
    edited 2007-04-21 23:13
    MK,

Yes you did get it to me (thanks again) though I have not given it the proper time to be implemented in my project. Looking forward to seeing the rest. You can post it in the Completed Projects section if you so choose.

Congrats on your graduation! Put you degree to good use and make lots of money wink.gif

Paul

smile.gif
    edited 2007-04-23 12:43
    Thanks on the tip for the truck thing [noparse]:)[/noparse] I will post the code & even the schematics for my board, but it must happen after next Friday, because that is when I graduate.
    edited 2007-04-26 07:31
    Sorry for bumping this thread again, the first boat video is in (it's a splice of 2 videos, since it's a demo, but you can still see what the AI does... including overcompensating a lot in one instance [noparse]:)[/noparse] ). Uncut videos will arrive when the video guy lets me have them.

I'll release code & schematics this Saturday, aka as soon as I'm allowed to by the uni.

67.15.245.144/portfolio/navcom_ai/video/boatdemo.avi

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIbPvxf3hrk (it;s exactly the same video)

Post Edited (M. K. Borri) : 4/26/2007 8:16:48 AM GMT
  • rjo_rjo_ Posts: 1,825
    edited 2007-04-28 17:10
    Bump Away!

I don't suppose you have anything amphibious?

BassMaster is always looking for a new way to attract fish... and he has some great concepts.

How about a robot fishing contest?

Rich
    edited 2007-04-29 02:06
    Don't have anything amphibious, but the system was designed to be flexible, so it should be easy to make. Bad news is, I'll have to wait until Monday to release the code because the latest version is in the prototyping lab at uni and that's locked this weekend. I'm also including schematics for the board carrying the extra parts.

Here's the AI calculating the drop point for a lawn dart falling from a RC plane:

• simonlsimonl Posts: 866
    edited 2007-05-08 12:22
    Hi M.K., Any news on posting the code?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheers,

Simon

BTW: I type as I'm thinking, so please don't take any offense at my writing style smile.gif

www.norfolkhelicopterclub.co.uk
    You'll always have as many take-offs as landings, the trick is to be sure you can take-off again ;-)