Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EMIC text-to-speech module — Parallax Forums

EMIC text-to-speech module

psutpsut Posts: 7
edited 2007-04-15 23:18 in General Discussion
hello :

my graduation project is called "voice speech synthesizer" i'll read temprature from LM35 sensor then send it to 16F877 pic then it will convert the voltage into ASCII and send it to the EMIC module to say the temprature
but am lost and i cant focus how to start ,the code the interfacing ...
can anyone guide me how to start..
i tested the pic and send the result through MAX232 and read it from PC..
then wut should i do????!!!! i dont have much time really freaked.gif

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-04-15 22:58
    I assume you know that the EMic doesn't need (shouldn't have) the MAX232. If your PIC produces the proper sequences as seen on the PC, it should work with the EMic. You could also try using the MAX232 the other way with the EMic so it's driven from the PC. You can compare what the PIC is sending to what works with the EMic sent from the PC.

Keep in mind that this is a Parallax support forum for the Stamp, SX, and Propeller processors primarily and there's very limited support you will be able to get regarding the PIC side of things.
  • psutpsut Posts: 7
    edited 2007-04-15 23:12
    thnx alot ,but i tried th max just to test the PIC , iam trying to do smthng to feel that iam working on my project ,then i wana go to my next step which is taking the value from the sensor and convert it to ascii
    that wut i need a help in ..
    how to??
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-04-15 23:17
    I can't help you there. Try to search the web for examples of reading an LM35 using a PIC.
  • psutpsut Posts: 7
    edited 2007-04-15 23:18
    thnx alot Mike [noparse]:)[/noparse]