Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
USB servo controller — Parallax Forums

USB servo controller

Breaker1055Breaker1055 Posts: 1
edited 2007-04-12 23:06 in General Discussion
I recently bought the Parallax·USB servo controller and don't want to use the software that comes with it to run servos. I would like some examples of code people have used to directly interface with this or the similar serial version of this controller. Any information about this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-04-12 21:53
    There are C and VB examples of using the PSC in the Completed Projects Forum. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • PARPAR Posts: 285
    edited 2007-04-12 23:06
    Breaker1055 said...
    I recently bought the Parallax·USB servo controller and don't want to use the software that comes with it to run servos. I would like some examples of code people have used to directly interface with this or the similar serial version of this controller. Any information about this would be appreciated.

Thanks
    It's not clear what you mean by "the software that comes with it", nor what you mean by "to directly interface with ... this controller".

There is Parallax software that resides on your PC and can be used to directly interface with the PSC. Is that the software you do not want to use?

There is the Parallax Stamp, which can be programmed to "directly interface" with, and control, the PSC. Is that what you want to do?

Or, are you saying (as Chris addressed) that you do not want to use any of Parallax's software, but rather want to use your PC and some third-party software (like MS VB)?

PAR