Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Electronic Fuel Transfer Pump — Parallax Forums

Electronic Fuel Transfer Pump

Nick WaldvogelNick Waldvogel Posts: 71
edited 2007-04-16 08:11 in General Discussion
I have finally got our electric lock at the shop going and working good.· Now on to the next problem that needs to be addressed!!
·
We use a lot for fuel for setting up powersports toys.· The major issue that we have is not knowing how much fuel exactly and what unit the fuel went into.· At 3 bucks a gallon it's pretty important that we know where the heck all this gas is going!!!freaked.gif··
·
I googled some pumps and meters already but nothing seems to be what we would like to have it do.· So here is the low down on what we want after deciding that nothing that we can find commercial available will do.
·
The pump itself can be mechanical or electric.
Has to be able to meter the amount of fuel pumped.
Shut off the flow of fuel when the desired amount is reached.· This can be a valve or turning the power off to a electric pump.
Record who and how much was used.
Most important..... it must be safe!!·
·
I have found electric and mechanical pumps but it seems as all of them will still need a flow meter of some sorts.· From what I can tell it will be easiest to use a mechanical meter and maybe a hall effect sensor to read the movement of the numbers???· Maybe some one knows what one looks like inside and can give me more insight.·
·
I'm thinking that we will use the keypad that Parallax offers for the user inputs to the controller.
·
All and any insight or info is greatly appreciated!!!
·
You guys are always great in leading me down the right path and I can't say enough about everyone here!!
·
Nick
·

Post Edited By Moderator (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 4/17/2007 8:18:56 PM GMT

Comments

• Capt. QuirkCapt. Quirk Posts: 872
    edited 2007-04-12 07:20
    I used to use a submerged·electric fuel pump from a Kawasaki 3 seater to transfer fuel in and out of all kinds of watercraft and boats.

You could use a "Ping" to measure the fuel level and shut off the pump

Also there are several Gas dollies that use a hand pump with a meter, that reads fuel pumped in or out.
  • Nick WaldvogelNick Waldvogel Posts: 71
    edited 2007-04-16 01:28
    Any other sugestions??

Post Edited By Moderator (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 4/17/2007 8:19:03 PM GMT
  • Capt. QuirkCapt. Quirk Posts: 872
    edited 2007-04-16 08:11