Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HYDRA SRAM complete — Parallax Forums

HYDRA SRAM complete

AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
edited 2007-04-30 21:26 in Propeller 1
The 512K SRAM is complete, sending the boards out this week for manufacturing, so we will start selling them in 1-2 weeks. We might even allow pre-orders, not sure yet. Still working on the final price from $39-49, might start out at $49 then reduce to $39 once we get more sales to build a larger lot. We will see.

I am doing the documentation right now, currently there is·a ASM driver, SPIN driver, test program example. If I have time I will do a graphics engine that uses it if I have time. But, with the examples, the test program and the drivers, anyone should be able to do whatever they want with it.

Andre'
·

Comments

• El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
    edited 2007-04-11 14:41
    Andre':

Are you selling those thru· Parallax or thru your site?
  • Jasper_MJasper_M Posts: 222
    edited 2007-04-11 18:55
    Great! ^_^ congratulations ^.^ ... Now I have just enough time to finish my EEPROM FS before I get my hands on that... ^______^
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-04-11 21:29
    Both hopefully, first it will release on mine then we will try and get then on parallax's site as well.

Andre'
  • HallomannHallomann Posts: 21
    edited 2007-04-22 18:06
    I don't know if this was already asked, but which access times does the SRAM card have for the first 64k and up?

Cheers,
    Hallomann
    edited 2007-04-22 19:35
    The first 64K has random access, so to access any byte there you need to latch 1 or 2 times and then read by strobing the clock line. After the first 64K then you have to walk out to the byte you want with repeated reads, so access time is N for random reads. But, if you want to access a contiguous block of bytes, then its a single strobe gets you the byte (or writes it) then the internal address counter increments or decrements.

So bottom line the first 64K is absolutely the fastest possible access, all the memory is accessed in auto inc/dec mode for block access, but to get to any location after the first 64K, you have to walk to it. But, the trick is to use the upper 64K > as block memory for contiguous buffers and the lower 64K for random access areas.

Andre'
    edited 2007-04-23 08:06
    Thank you Andre'.
    Sounds good.

I hope that I can buy your card soon [noparse];)[/noparse]

Cheers,
    Hallomann
    edited 2007-04-23 08:16
    When the card goes for sale, the documentation will be downloadable, so you can read all about it even before you get one.

Andre'
    edited 2007-04-23 10:49
    that would be great for other projects too.
    Is it hard to modify the drivers for other pins?
    Because I'm thinking about a robot.
    Some ram would be good to store and work with information from sensors and so on.

Cheers,
    Hallomann
    edited 2007-04-23 19:23
    Its easy to change the pins in the drivers, and the idea of the SRAM expansion is that it can be used on anything, all you need is a little 20-pin edge interface on your board and you are up and running.

Andre'
  • El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
    edited 2007-04-30 21:26
    Andre',

When you estimate the board will be for sale?

I think you said a couple of weeks or sooner?