Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Page wrapping problem in interfacing EEPROM — Parallax Forums

Page wrapping problem in interfacing EEPROM

techie82techie82 Posts: 3
edited 2007-04-06 12:26 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi

I'm working on a project where I have to Interface my TMS320F2812 ( DSP Processor ) with a 25LC080A ( 1024 x 8-bit organization
• 16 byte page ) EEPROM.

The current routines do a normal read and write but Im faced with the problem of page wrapping. Can anyone give me any pointers or Sample codes that will show me how to go about the same ???

Cheers

techie

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-04-06 11:38
    Are you talking about DSP routines or routines that use a Parallax processor? I can't help you with DSP routines.

As far as page wrapping is concerned, the main issue is to allow the EEPROM to do its write operation after sending it the last byte in a page. This will take about 5ms to complete, then you can send the next byte.

There's a device wrapping that occurs on reads, but page wrapping applies only to writes.
  • techie82techie82 Posts: 3
    edited 2007-04-06 11:44
    Hello Mike,

Well, Im looking for C- routines, not specific to any processor. even routines written for Parallax processors should give me a fair idea on what i need to do extra or undo to my existing code to get this working.

So, if you have any sample codes that can be shared, will be invaluable at this stage,

thanks

krish
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-04-06 11:50
    There are two sets of routines in the Parallax Object Exchange that do EEPROM reads and writes. Either one would serve as an example. They're written in Spin (the Propeller's C-like language). You're not going to find C routines here. The Stamps are programmed in a Basic dialect. The SX processors use either assembly or a Basic dialect and the Propeller uses Spin or assembly.

Start with the main Parallax page, go to the Propeller page and there's a link to the Propeller Object Exchange.
  • techie82techie82 Posts: 3
    edited 2007-04-06 12:26
    Oops...

not as straightforward as i wud have imagined..

thanks anyway mike..

krish