Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Tool Bug Reports / Feature Requests — Parallax Forums

Propeller Tool Bug Reports / Feature Requests

DogPDogP Posts: 168
edited 2007-04-05 09:35 in Propeller 1
Hey,

Not sure if there's a place already set up for bug reports and feature requests (and if there is, please point me there and delete this post), but I've got a few requests.

First, when I right click a spin file in the Propeller source window and click duplicate, it drops the file in the root of the c drive, not the same directory I'm already in. I assume that's not supposed to do that. Not sure if it's because there's a space in the path, or maybe something else, but it also by default changes the extension to .spi instead of .spin.

A simple feature I'd like to request is the Ctrl+F4 to close the current text window... there's lots of times when I pop open a source file just to look at one or two lines of code, and closing by Ctrl+F4 is a little quicker than going back to the mouse to close it (and most programs with multiple tabs allow closing tabs using Ctrl+F4).

Another thing that would be nice is if you're loading an object like: uart : "fullduplex" , if you could right-click the word fullduplex and have an option to open that file (similar to Visual Studio where you can right click a header #include and click open file).

There may be a few other things, just wondering whether these features would be considered for the next release of the Prop tool. Thanks,

Pat

Comments

• mirrormirror Posts: 322
    edited 2007-04-05 09:35
    A couple of editors I use have Ctrl-Alt-Up and Ctrl-Alt-Down which search to the next and previous instance of the word under the cursor in the current file. This makes it super quick to navigate around a file! Those keys are currently used for other things in the propeller tool, but maybe F2 could be used to search backwards (F3 already searches forwards). F2 is currently used to rename a folder, but I don't think it would be a problem to have the functionality of this key being multiplexed depending on the context.