Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using Parallax USB Oscilloscope with IBokk G4 with Mac OS 10 ( Is that possibl — Parallax Forums

Using Parallax USB Oscilloscope with IBokk G4 with Mac OS 10 ( Is that possibl

JoeJoe Posts: 184
edited 2011-09-22 06:38 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi,

I need to know if can I use
Parallax USB Oscilloscope with IBokk G4 with Mac OS 10

Thanks, Joe

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-04-03 16:55
    It's theoretically possible, but probably not practical. The Parallax USB Oscilloscope uses a Windows program. I'm not aware of any Mac equivalent. You might be able to run the USB Oscilloscope program under Virtual PC or Guest PC and Windows, but I suspect it'll be too slow that way. I've run the Stamp Editor and the Propeller Tool under Guest PC with Windows on a G4 PowerBook and they work, but just barely.
  • CaptFRankCaptFRank Posts: 1
    edited 2011-08-11 07:41
    It is possible to do what you said above using a Serial enabled device. In the case of the arduino, since it has an embedded analog to digital converter on board it converts the signal to a digital number. All you have to do after that is print that number to the serial connection and then program a java or what ever language program that reads those values in to then have a really cheap solution to oscilloscopes... Also since the arduino has a clock of 16MHz, it is faster enough for many different projects. Check out the following link...

http://accrochages.drone.ws/en/node/90

hope this helps...
  • maldridgemaldridge Posts: 37
    edited 2011-09-22 06:38
    It might be possible with mono or wine. But since I don't have a parallax O-Scope to test with, I couldn't tell you for sure (luckily my tektronics unit is standalone).

Mono works with things that have .net as a core dependency, wine works with everything else.