Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Correct land pattern for Propellor's LQFP package — Parallax Forums

Correct land pattern for Propellor's LQFP package

Mike YoungMike Young Posts: 10
edited 2007-07-24 04:14 in Propeller 1
To all,

I'm laying out a board for use with the P8X32A-Q44 device and wish to know the correct land pattern to use. I think the standard name for the package can be one of the following, but can anyone tell me which is correct?

JEDEC MO-112AA-1
JEDEC MO-108AA-1
JEDEC MS-026BCB
JEDEC MS-026ACB
JEDEC MS-026
JEDEC MS-026AB

Thanks!
Mike

Comments

• T ChapT Chap Posts: 4,223
    edited 2007-04-03 10:59
    The Jedec isn't specified here but maybe you can make some conclusions:

http://forums.parallax.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42633
  • OzStampOzStamp Posts: 377
    edited 2007-04-03 11:11
    Hi Mike
    The Propeller datasheet ( here in this forum recently posted is a good doc for this)
    Not sure if it list the jedec std number but it has the correct land pattern detail for you.

Ronald Nollet Australia
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-04-06 22:05
    The packager of our chip didn't provide us with a JEDEC spec, but did provide a package drawing. That drawing and the land pattern we use for our own products which use the QFP version has been included in the datasheet. You can use that to compare against the JEDEC to determine which it is, if you do determine which one it is, please let us know·so we will have the information in the future.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • Mike YoungMike Young Posts: 10
    edited 2007-07-24 04:14
    Thank you; I posted my original question before the datasheet was posted. I used the land pattern on the data sheet successfully with an IR reflow process and the QFPs are stuck on the boards consistently.

Using the PCB Libraries IPC-735X software suggests that neither the QFP nor QFN packages have direct JEDEC equivalents. Some of the packages are close but I'd be real hesitant to use them for automated assembly. At any rate the published lands seem to work fine. If anyone needs them, shoot me an email and I'll send you the Mentor Graphics PADS Suite library entries I'm using.

V/R
    Mike