Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Flight controller -Electrical check — Parallax Forums

Flight controller -Electrical check

BasilBasil Posts: 380
edited 2007-04-02 01:39 in Propeller 1
Hi All,

Finally got back to this little project of mine!

The schematic is all but completed, just need a few electrical geniuses smilewinkgrin.gif to check over this to make sure i'm not making any mistakes.

I have made a few comments on the picture, sorry if there are messy spots with overlapping values etc. Had to rush to work this morning so didn't have time to clean it up.

I think I have the continuity test sorted.
The reason i'm running it through the ADC is because over time, carbon tends to build up on the terminal blocks from the ejection charges.
This increases the resistance of the blocks to a point where a simple continuity test gives a positive result, but the resistance is too high to fire the electric match.

Doing a voltage test is much more reliable, hence the ADC.

Still need to add the MPXA4115 pressure sensor, but that looks fairly easy.

1) The main part I need looked at is the Op-Amp. Not sure on what to do with this. The output from the ADXL78 is 0-5V i believe when running of 5V supply. Not sure if I even need an op-amp!

2) The fail safe is pretty simple. Do you think I could get away with a general purpose NPN transistor? Or would a low spec'd FET be better? Needs to be SOT23 package.

3) Regarding the power supply. Do you think drawing 10A (for about 1-2 seconds) when an FET fires would cause a brownout? I am using a 9V battery.

Thanks all for the help in getting this going!

Alec
2082 x 1526 - 282K