• C: wipe the whole puzzle
  • S: let the Hydra solve it
  • N: randomly make a new puzzle

hydraflysudoku.jpg

Post Edited (Flying Cucco) : 4/21/2007 1:29:16 AM GMT

Comments

• JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-04-02 03:15
    That looks pretty slick. I don't have my Hydra hooked up now, but I am going to have to try it out in the next few days. Nice·job.
  • Peter VerkaikPeter Verkaik Posts: 3,956
    edited 2007-04-02 05:44
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2007-04-02 16:23
    One curious observation.
    It is appears that your program does not place the starting clue numbers in the same way that the published puzzles do. I have noticed that their unsolved puzzle clues always are symetrical along one of the two diagonals.

I really don't know if this is important. I just have been wondering about the symetry ever since the puzzles came out.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • Flying CuccoFlying Cucco Posts: 4
    edited 2007-04-02 17:08
    Kramer said...
    One curious observation.
    It is appears that your program does not place the starting clue numbers in the same way that the published puzzles do. I have noticed that their unsolved puzzle clues always are symetrical along one of the two diagonals.

I really don't know if this is important. I just have been wondering about the symetry ever since the puzzles came out.

Strange, I've never noticed that before. Thanks for pointing that out smile.gif
    It seems some do, and some don't exhibit this symmetry, depending on the source.
    I know that my program doesn't make puzzles with unique solutions, which is another annoyance.
    96kiB is space for more than 2400 grids so a database of puzzles or algorithms to make them would be great.
    edited 2007-04-05 16:13
    You may have answered the questions.· The symmetry actually might provide one and only one solution.

I had actually considered it to be the publishers method of determining difficulty.·· But the two factors may be interelated.·You may notice that Monday puzzles [noparse][[/noparse]these and crosswords] are always the easiest.· They get progressively more difficult through Sunday.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • JT CookJT Cook Posts: 487
    edited 2007-04-17 17:51
    I played the Sudoku game and it is pretty nice. I do have recommendations though.

First off, make an opening screen. Create a title screen with a start button on it or something.

Second, give it some sound. Bring the game to life with some sound effects, and if you are really ambitious, have a sond playing in the background.

Third, I think you should only have a cell selected only if the mouse cursor is over it. So if you move the cursor off the game board, then have none of cells selected.

But all in all, pretty nice.
    edited 2007-04-19 12:25
    JT,
    Living is Asia, I see a lot of non-ergonomic high tech. Seems that much of the world hasn't discovered the need for it.

These days I am realizing more and more that user interface code can amount to quit a bit, but it really is necessary to make a program acceptible to non-techies.

Great suggestions. I also helps to have an EXIT.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • Flying CuccoFlying Cucco Posts: 4
    edited 2007-04-19 21:27
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I've done some updates; a title screen (pretty random, sorry!) and changed how the mouse works. You now click to select, rather than hover. Also you must click in a cell, not around or offscreen which should be a bit easier.

Music and sound is something I'm still working on [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-04-19 21:53
    Cool, I will check it out. Also, stupid question, how did you modify your original post and change the file?

Andre'
  • MacGeek117MacGeek117 Posts: 747
    edited 2007-04-20 01:38
    Andre`, look in the upper-right corner of your post. There will be a pencil-like symbol. Click on that and then you can edit your post.
    RoboGeek

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"

Adam Savage, Mythbusters
    www.parallax.com
    www.goldmine-elec.com
    www.expresspcb.com
    www.startrek.com
    ·
  • GkarGkar Posts: 9
    edited 2007-11-30 14:17
    Can·someone·post the files: HEL_GFX_ENGINE_040.spin, Real_Random_012.spin and spin_trig_010?, because I haven´t got this files, and without them I can´t compile the game.

Thanks
  • Spork FrogSpork Frog Posts: 212
    edited 2007-11-30 14:21
    HEL_GFX_ENGINE_040.spin is available on the Hydra disk and can't be posted here.
    Real_Random is on the Propeller forum and in the Object Exchange.
    Not sure about spin_trig_010.
  • jbumataijbumatai Posts: 26
    edited 2007-12-08 06:17
    I could not find SpinTrig either.

JB
  • Spork FrogSpork Frog Posts: 212
    edited 2007-12-08 13:13
    The .binary still works in any case.
  • RoadsterRoadster Posts: 209
    edited 2007-12-08 14:28
    Attached you will find spin trig
  • jbumataijbumatai Posts: 26
    edited 2007-12-10 06:23
    Okay, I have loaded this to the Hydra. There is a Yellow Background on top of which says, "Sodoku", and there are are little sprites. But... I am not getting anything with my Joystick. Did I miss something?

JB
  • GkarGkar Posts: 9
    edited 2007-12-10 16:49
    Yes, but I would like to see how the game uses the Sprite Engine
    Spork Frog said...
    The .binary still works in any case.