Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ump3 and the Usb2ser — Parallax Forums

Ump3 and the Usb2ser

DaveT2DaveT2 Posts: 3
edited 2007-04-05 17:52 in General Discussion
Hello,
I've·read Jon Williams Nuts & Volts article ‘Sounds·Of The Season’·and decided to purchase the Ump3 and the Usb2ser. I hooked up everything as explained by Jon using a 5 volt regulator for my power source to the Ump3. I downloaded·and installed the drivers·from·Parallax's website without a problem. It gave me com 5 and recognized the Usb2ser right off the bat.·I then hooked up the Ump3 and powered it on and the led flashed for a second and went out.·One of the problems is I don't know if that's normal or not even though I've read the manual. When I tried to communicate with the Ump3 through HyperTerminal (on com 5 using 9600 8 none 1) it couldn't find·the Ump3. I then decided to download the Ump3 configuration utility program but that was unable to find the Ump3·too. I checked and triple checked my wiring and·I've come to the conclusion that I've received a bad modual. I wanted·to see if anyone·here might have a good idea or suggest something·I've over looked before I claim the sky is falling.

Thanks for any help.

David T.···

Comments

• DaveT2DaveT2 Posts: 3
    edited 2007-04-02 16:19
    I read there’s a problem with some of the Usb2ser adaptors in a Java stamp thread (Problem running Javelin IDE in Windows XP (Error IDE 0022 - Error reading from the serial port) ).
    I followed a couple of the suggestions in this thread. First I reassigned a lower com to com 2 and second I lowered the FIFO to as low as it would go. When I tested it I still couldn’t see the Ump3. I guess It’s possible I have bad Usb2ser adaptor.
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2007-04-03 18:12
    Have you measured any voltages on the Ump3?
    You need to have a power and ground.

Have pictures of your setup?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • DaveT2DaveT2 Posts: 3
    edited 2007-04-05 17:52
    Thanks for the Reply Steve.

·I spoke to support at Rogue·Robotics and It turns out·I had RX and TX reversed. Such a rookie move·too, I thought I had cecked·that.