Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ram checksum error — Parallax Forums

Ram checksum error

glentechglentech Posts: 35
edited 2007-04-06 18:45 in Propeller 1
I have 2 identical boards running a lcd with other stuff.· I had a mcp3208 blow up on me which took the prop down somehow.· Anyway after replacing the prop and 3208 and trying to program the chip it comes back with (ram checksum error).· I have swapped eeproms and even programmed eeproms sucessfully in my other project board.· After removing part of the program, it loaded sucessfully.· If I try to run the programmed eeprom in the bad board it does some funny things with the program.· Any ideas why?· Could part of the ram be bad from the factory?· ·

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-04-06 18:45
    Hi Glentech, sorry it took so long to get back to you, all the engineers were at the ESC show. We do check every RAM location of each Propeller before shipping it out, but it does sound like something is happening with your chip. We would like to get that chip back to verify your findings and see if our tester acknowledges it is a failed part. If the tester doesn't catch it and it is a failed part, we want it as a test case to alter our testing procedure. In exchange we will send you a new chip. Please contact our Tech Support so they can give you an RMA number.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.