Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Pics of my bot — Parallax Forums

Pics of my bot

jonduncanjonduncan Posts: 40
edited 2007-03-31 02:20 in Propeller 1
This my bot, I tested the ping that lox on the bs2 and it worked so I am trying it on the prop. I haven't tested it yet I just put it together, but I noticed I soldered a couple wires wrong that I am going to hav e to change. I soldered ground to middle pin of the pin that goes to ping. but I will fix it somehow. but anyway enjoy
2048 x 1536 - 1M
2048 x 1536 - 1M
2048 x 1536 - 1M

Comments

• DufferDuffer Posts: 374
    edited 2007-03-31 02:06
    It looks like you're ready to take the leap to the propeller. Seeing your pics and your comment about having to de-solder and re-solder a connection reminds me why I liked the prototypability (is that a real word?) of the BOE with its handy little protyping area and headers for the other pin outs. That's why I decided to get a few "sticks" of the breakaway female headers from SparkFun and do some one-time soldering on my prop proto boards. The board layout and the very handy double rows of connected through board holes on the two "open" sides of the board made this a cinch. I also like to build little circuit boards that I can reuse on other proto boards without having to de-solder components or replicate components on more that one board. (see attached pics)
    800 x 600 - 73K
    800 x 600 - 72K
    800 x 600 - 102K
    640 x 480 - 24K
  • jonduncanjonduncan Posts: 40
    edited 2007-03-31 02:20
    I got some headers but when they came i realized i order male and not female headers, not a good thing. and i didn't want to buy more, and i realized the headers with shipping cost almost as much as the a new proto board so if I want o make a new design just buy a new board, haha. but maybe eventualy I will buy headers so i can change it many times. but it is annoying having to have to resolder it. especially since i don't have my own soldering iron and i have to goto a lab on campus to solder.