Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Hydra Book Downloadable? — Parallax Forums

Hydra Book Downloadable?

Oldbitcollector (Jeff)Oldbitcollector (Jeff) Posts: 8,091
edited 2007-04-06 18:22 in Propeller 1
My own copy of the Hydra Book/CD are on their way, but I'm curious if I can show proof that I purchased the book, is there a downloadable copy of the entire text in PDF format like those of the samples? I'm fighting cataracts and would love to be able to blow it up in LARGE text on my 20" monitor. Perhaps someone has thought of this and maybe put it on the CD?

Thanks
Oldbitcollector

Comments

• DogPDogP Posts: 168
    edited 2007-03-31 05:20
    I was kinda wondering that too... I just ordered the book/CD along with a couple boards today. I assume they won't email it to us, but if they will, it'd be much appreciated [noparse]:)[/noparse] . I was also wondering if the CD had a PDF of the book, but from the contents it doesn't look like it [noparse]:([/noparse] (that might lead to easy pirating of the book). I personally prefer to read PDFs over real paper.

Pat
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-04-06 18:22
    Because it is a for profit publication, the pdf will not be availible. While a hardcopy can be copied, it requires a significant amount of effort compared to the few keystrokes required to make an electronic copy.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.