Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp Works Experiment Kit — Parallax Forums

Stamp Works Experiment Kit

WireguyWireguy Posts: 16
edited 2007-03-31 04:37 in General Discussion
I was wondering how is the development board mounted for the experiments?· In other words what keeps it from shorting out?· Does it just lay on a piece of anti-static foam?· I don't see any hole for stand-offs or rubber feet.

Comments

• WireguyWireguy Posts: 16
    edited 2007-03-29 19:05
    OK I recieved an E-mail saying Paul SR replied to my post, but I don't see it here.
  • Paul Sr.Paul Sr. Posts: 435
    edited 2007-03-29 19:20
    I did reply, then deleted it - I forgot about the Email!! Sorry about that!

What I said was "Peel and stick rubber bumpers (feet)" - but then I decided I better check that since I haven't looked at the bottom of the board in many moons! I believe that's what I put on there, though.
  • WireguyWireguy Posts: 16
    edited 2007-03-29 19:37
    OK Paul...I didn't think it would just lay on my workbench. If it can go wrong...I can wrong it! Thanks for the reply
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-03-30 15:58
    Hello,

Your PDB should have come with 8 rubber feet which stick onto the bottom of the board. These keep the PCB from touching the surface you’re working on. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • PARPAR Posts: 285
    edited 2007-03-31 04:37
    Wireguy said...
    OK Paul...I didn't think it would just lay on my workbench. If it can go wrong...I can wrong it! Thanks for the reply
    Even with the rubber feet applied to the bottom of the board, you will probably still find that if it can go wrong, it will. So, be careful still about stuff getting under the board which could create shorts.

PAR