Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Which configuration you want to use with POD? — Parallax Forums

Which configuration you want to use with POD?

KaioKaio Posts: 253
edited 2007-03-28 16:16 in Propeller 1
Hi all,

I need your help to determine in which direction I have to develop POD mostly. So I could be plan the internal structure of POD to optimize, that it would be more flexible for special versions.

Who is not knowing what POD could be, please show the following thread firstly.
http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=639020

Here are my questions. In brackets you find all kinds of answers.

1. What kind of board you are using or you want to use with POD? (Proto / Demo / HYDRA / other)

2. What kind of output device you want to use with POD? (tv / vga / debug window on pc)

3. What kind of input device you want prefer to use with POD? (keyboard at Prop board / keyboard at pc)

4. Did you think a mouse would be helpfully using POD? (yes / no)

If you have found a missing point let it me know.

Thomas

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-03-27 18:11
    1) I would use POD with any of the boards mentioned (Demo / Proto / Hydra)

2) All of the output devices mentioned are useful (TV / VGA / Serial). I would try to make POD as device independent as possible so that you
    could compile it with any of several display drivers. Have a look at FemtoBasic or the Propeller OS for examples of TV / VGA compatibility.
    BOE-BOT Basic is FemtoBasic with some trivial changes to use a serial port for I/O (plus BOE-BOT specific extensions).

3) Same as #2. The combo keyboard driver in the Propeller Object Exchange provides Demo / Proto / Hydra compatibility for keyboard input

4) Probably not. Currently, using a mouse also requires an additional cog for the driver.
  • HarleyHarley Posts: 997
    edited 2007-03-27 18:14
    Kaio asks:
    Here are my questions. In brackets you find all kinds of answers.
    1. What kind of board you are using or you want to use with POD? (Proto / Demo / HYDRA / other)
    2. What kind of output device you want to use with POD? (tv / vga / debug window on pc)
    3. What kind of input device you want prefer to use with POD? (keyboard at Prop board / keyboard at pc)
    4. Did you think a mouse would be helpfully using POD? (yes / no)
    If you have found a missing point let it me know.
    Thomas

Answers (though, I've not used POD yet)
    1. Proto, other later on.
    2. TV, VGA later.
    3. Keyboard at PC.
    4. Not if it requires much extra code to implement. And that would also use up I/O lines.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Harley Shanko
    h.a.s. designn

Post Edited (Harley) : 3/27/2007 6:19:54 PM GMT
  • KaioKaio Posts: 253
    edited 2007-03-28 16:16
    Mike, Harley,

thank you for your response and for your advices, Mike.

I will have to look at the sources you have mentioned.