Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Following the Light Rope — Parallax Forums

Following the Light Rope

johnyyjohnyy Posts: 2
edited 2007-03-29 07:23 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I have been doing Basic Stamp for a couple of months now and I have been using Robotics! 1.5 book.
But i got to the project that is giving me trouble.
I have to· make my boe-bot follow a light rope that is hanging 4-5 inches above the table where the boe bot is moving.
What kind of wiring should i use and with what elements?
Can someone help me with the code too?
·
Thank you very much!
john

Comments

• crgwbrcrgwbr Posts: 614
    edited 2007-03-27 14:49
    This is more than just a matter of wiring. You need some kind of sensor that can "see" the difference in brightness from it's surrounding and the rope. You could use something like the CMUcam for this.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paper clips."
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2007-03-27 21:57
    Hi John, I think the TLS230 , http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=27924 , might work. Probably 3 or 4
    , a couple to detect error left or right and at least 1 to tell you your centered.

Jeff T
  • johnyyjohnyy Posts: 2
    edited 2007-03-28 14:07
    Thanks Jeff, but I already found some light- detecting cells that will help....
    I'm still in the need for the code though...
  • LSBLSB Posts: 175
    edited 2007-03-29 07:23
    Or, you could bend the wires on your bump sensors to feel the rope [noparse]:)[/noparse]