Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ambient light RGB Signal — Parallax Forums

Ambient light RGB Signal

AnubisbotAnubisbot Posts: 112
edited 2007-03-26 23:19 in Propeller 1
Hi, i want to make a controler waht reads the color of an RGB video signal from the left and right side of a screen.
and then drives some cold cathode light behinde my TV.

Can the propeller do such a thing

regards Anubisbot

Comments

• BTXBTX Posts: 674
    edited 2007-03-26 19:49
    Anubisbot
    I don't know exactly if the Pchip, could digitalize only one line of video...it depends of how many samples per line do you want ?
    Do you mean only one line ?, perhaps some flash A/D converter, could help you a bit for that.
    Why not RGB LEDs behind the TV ?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Regards.

Alberto.
  • Harrison.Harrison. Posts: 484
    edited 2007-03-26 19:57
    Sounds like you are trying to replicate the Ambilight stuff on Philips TVs. If you are, then I would guess what you really want to do is reproduce the average colors of all the colors on the screen. That is, if green is the most used color on the screen, then light up the green lights behind the TV. It would probably be much easier to average all the colors since that just means an ADC on each channel of the RGB signal. Then sample it every few lines, average the numbers, and use PWM to drive the rgb lights behind the TV. This should produce the effect you want.
  • BergamotBergamot Posts: 185
    edited 2007-03-26 21:01
    Is the video signal already split into Red, Green, and Blue signals? I know VGA and BNC do this, but I can't think of any other formats that do. If so, Harrison's solution should work fine.

If not, you'll have to decode and integrate by hand.
  • AnubisbotAnubisbot Posts: 112
    edited 2007-03-26 23:19
    I want to use cold cathode because they light more evenly.
    And yes like the Phillips TV....

right now i try to figure out how the rbg signal works and hiow it can be read out ...

Anubisbot