Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Sparkfun Wireless RF?? — Parallax Forums

Sparkfun Wireless RF??

jkroylancejkroylance Posts: 12
edited 2007-03-25 19:36 in Propeller 1
Anyone here already have code that works with these?? www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=151 I've searched through all the forums & found no mention of them. They look like they'd be great fun, works up to 918.64ft(280m)@250Kbps or 492.13ft(150m)@1Mbps according to the web site.

Comments

• SSteveSSteve Posts: 808
    edited 2007-03-25 17:00
    I haven't used one of those yet--I'm currently prototyping a project with the discontinued 433MHz transceivers that I bought from Parallax on eBay. It would be nice to switch to the Sparkfun units for the final project since they're so much smaller.

Have you also seen these two? They use the newer module and 0.1" connectors:

www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=691

www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=705

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    OS-X: because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows

links:
    My band's website
    Our album on the iTunes Music Store
  • jkroylancejkroylance Posts: 12
    edited 2007-03-25 19:36
    Yeah, they are shorter range than I need though (10m and 80m respectively). The 280m range of this module is great for the amount of power used, plus it supports a burst mode where you dump your data into a buffer, and toggle 1 pin on the unit and it burst transmits the chunk of data you put into the buffer all in one shot. Supposed to make it alot easier on batteries too.