Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PropTool suggestion: Board-specific constants — Parallax Forums

PropTool suggestion: Board-specific constants

Jasper_MJasper_M Posts: 222
edited 2007-03-23 20:48 in Propeller 1
How about adding support for selecting target development board in Prop tool, and it would set _clkmode, _xinfreq etc. accordingly? And also define a set of board-specific constants like keyboard, mouse, VGA, composite video etc. pins? And maybe some drivers that must be used ("Keyboard.spin" vs."keyboard_iso_010.spin"?

That way, one wouldn't have to search around the source trying to find constants and stuff and looking at schematics for pin numbers.

Just a suggestion, I know Chip Gracey is busy. But maybe someday?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-03-23 18:27
    Have a look at either FemtoBasic or the Propeller OS for examples of this sort of thing. Also, there's a combo-keyboard driver in the Propeller Object Exchange that works with either the Hydra convention or the Demo Board convention.
  • Jasper_MJasper_M Posts: 222
    edited 2007-03-23 18:58
    Ah, I'll take a look at them. I also hadn't heard of such a driver before... I'm gonna use it when I'll someday release code [noparse];)[/noparse]
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-03-23 20:33
    You really have to familiarize yourself with the resources that are already out there. You need to be able to think "Hmm, I thought I saw/heard of something like that before!".
  • Jasper_MJasper_M Posts: 222
    edited 2007-03-23 20:48
    That's happening all the time, as I'm reading the forums and coding. It'll just take time as I'm not actively learning about stuff I don't currently need.