Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
HYDRA Reduced to $199! And... — Parallax Forums

HYDRA Reduced to $199! And...

AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
edited 2007-03-21 01:11 in Propeller 1
For those of you that are following the Propeller and wanted to get a HYDRA kit, but were waiting for the price to go down...Parallax has reduced it to $199.95 now. The first manufacturing cycle is always the most expensive. But, finally we can reduce the price. However,·I doubt we will be able to get the price much under $199 since the kit has so much in it. Maybe in a year or so... we will see.

Also, those that were waiting for "Game Programming for the Propeller Powered HYDRA" to come down in price, its been reduced to $39.95 which is a really good price for over 800 pages of content,· dozens of SPIN and ASM demos, graphics programming, sound, counters, and more or less the only deep description of advanced programming on the propeller chip available.

Thanks,

Andre'

Comments

• BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2007-03-21 00:41
    I cannot believe it...

I place my order on Saturday and now 3 days later it's $50 less...
    Worst thing is, I haven't even gotten the kit yet...

Just my luck... wink.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] OK, I got my resistors hooked up with the LEDs.
    [noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] I dream in SX28 assembler...

/Bamse
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-03-21 01:03
    That's how pricing stuff is, sometimes you get the benefit, sometimes not. If it makes you feel better, the one you bought cost that much [noparse]:)[/noparse] In the end it always equals out -- if you keep waiting for prices of things to go down, you end up never buying anything.

Andre'
  • BamseBamse Posts: 561
    edited 2007-03-21 01:11
    My original plan was to give it some time to think it over and order the kit tomorrow...
    That and the fact that the kit is not even here yet felt a little bit frustrating... wink.gif
    http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=33&p=1&m=177656

I'm going to have a lot of fun with my Hydra and learn even more...
    Don't worry about it...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Living on the planet Earth might be expensive but it includes a free trip around the sun every year...

Experience level:
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Let's connect the motor to pin 1, it's a 6V motor so it should be fine.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] OK, I got my resistors hooked up with the LEDs.
    [noparse][[/noparse]X] I got the Motor hooked up with the H-bridge and the 555 is supplying the PWM.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] Now, if I can only program the BOE-BOT to interface with he Flux Capacitor.
    [noparse][[/noparse] ] I dream in SX28 assembler...

/Bamse