Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Versions, revisions of Stamps — Parallax Forums

Versions, revisions of Stamps

jefmjefm Posts: 50
edited 2007-03-17 22:39 in BASIC Stamp
I got the StampWorks kit and am plodding through it but wonder if programs I write in the kit will work with an "old" BS2 I got a few years ago. It says "Rev E" on the bottom, while the new Stampworks stamp is a Rev G apparently.
Are all BS2-IC's equal? Are there "fireware updates" or etc? Can this "old" think run pbasic 2.5 stuff?

Hope I'm not re-asking the obvious (I did try search :[noparse]:grins:[/noparse][noparse]:)[/noparse]
Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,656
    edited 2007-03-17 20:06
    Jef, There should be no problem at all in using older original Stamp IIs. It will run all of the PBASIC 2.5 stuff. The firmware is rock steady. I believehe revisions have to do more with little changes in the circuit board and internal stuff that has nothing to do with the firmware operation.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-03-17 22:39
    Jef,

Tracy is correct…Sometimes the hardware needs to change for one reason or another. Maybe a part became RoHS or is now Industrial Rated. Whatever the reason these cause a hardware revision. The firmware on the other hand would be changed based on many factors. Any changes to our firmware in our BASIC Stamps would be documented in the PDF files located at the following link. Take care.

http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/prod/stamps/FwreRev0806.zip

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support