Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Hydra Tools/Software OK with Prop Tool 1.05.2? — Parallax Forums

Hydra Tools/Software OK with Prop Tool 1.05.2?

ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
edited 2007-03-14 23:56 in Propeller 1
I haven't done any Propeller coding yet, and I'm wondering if the Hydra Tools/Software on the CD are compatable with the latest Propeller Tool 1.05.2? Please share your experiences. Thanks

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-03-14 17:12
    As far as the Propeller Tool is concerned, the Hydra is just another Propeller. The Hydra software generally does not refer to objects in the Propeller Tool library specifically so there would be no dependencies on a particular release. That said, I don't believe there have been any changes to the basic objects in the Propeller Tool library (like TV.spin, VGA.spin, Graphics.spin, tv_text.spin, etc.) for some time.
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-03-14 18:12
    Exactly, the behavior of all propeller products are primarily the interaction with the tool and the propeller, as long as the propeller chip doesn't change then any version of the tool will work with any propeller on any board, it better at least!

Andre'
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2007-03-14 23:44
    OK - thanks cool.gif
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-03-14 23:56
    Also, just as a rule of thumb, all the demos we wrote in spin used the bare minimum of the language, so that if things changed in the future, they would compile as well without any changes. So all in all, I doubt if one change would have to be made to the hydra or our demos in the next 5 years for them to run on any and all versions of the tool or the propeller processor. So you should be good for the next half decade [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Andre'