Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How do I communicate with the bs2 boe-bot using blue tooth. — Parallax Forums

How do I communicate with the bs2 boe-bot using blue tooth.

BorsodiBorsodi Posts: 6
edited 2007-03-15 22:36 in Learn with BlocklyProp
·How can I communicate with the basic stamp utilizing a console that supports infrared, whiskers, sound and 4 servo motors?
·
We communicate with our boe-bots using Bluetooth and the dashboard in C# Robotics Studio.· The Dashboard only contains one servo motor control ball.· We can swap out 4 servos on demand and sensor demands, but that is not Good enough.

We need more control options on the console.

al
jumpin.gif·

Comments

• edited 2007-03-13 06:33
    My best advice is to go through the Microsoft Robotics Studio Tutorials and the PDF tutorial that accompanies the Bluetooth Boe-Bot for Microsoft Robotics Studio. The Microsoft tutorials will teach you how to write the code for various consoles. The PDF that accompanies the Bluetooth Boe-Bot will give you leads to expanding the code that the BASIC Stamp executes to accommodate the extra servo sets.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Andy Lindsay

Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.
  • BorsodiBorsodi Posts: 6
    edited 2007-03-13 11:23
    Thanks Andy. I am a high School teacher and out of time, (as most of us are hihi). I look forward to summer and late spring when it comes to do just as you suggest. But for now we are ordering a 6 channel R/C unit and will use that for our senior project. We are doing video, audio, and driving, and Sensing and whiskers on an electronic wheel chair.

So at this point we will use a 6 chanel r/c unit for my servos and bluetooth,(eb500) with visual studio (default Dashboard) for my sensors using a bs2 stamp and a Astak Wireless Cam,(works great) for the video and audio.

Any suggestions?

al_borsodi@sau58.org
    Groveton High School
    Groveton NH 03582
  • edited 2007-03-13 22:03
    Al,

Not yet. I'm having a little trouble discerning what controls/monitors what. Is the list below correct?

- 6 channel RC will control 6 servos
    - MSRS dashboard displays the sensors
    - PC video software displays camera and plays audio

Andy

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Andy Lindsay

Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2007-03-13 22:21
    HI andy; thank you for the comments. At this point the R/c Device using servo's .... 2 controling 360 degree stearing using the joy stick on the wheelchair. 2 position servos, (the kind that we got in the microcontroller stamp kit) controls ... on/off button( built into the arm rest a click on ..off) and speed button (again click into the on off arm rest) and horn (click on ..off inthe arm rest).

the bluespoon, using bluetooth software and Visual basic and the eb500 controls through com port 40 the whiskers, infarred sensers, and indicator lights on the bs2 board.

the pc video (a night vision wireless cam independent of the other two devices) using rf to a rf receiver that feeds into two rgb connections into a channel 3 tv monitor.

your list is corret, I just tried to make it clearer.

I can submitt pictures if that will keep you checking on me. We are a small school in northern New Hampshire doing our first boe-bot class and this is our senior project.

al
  • edited 2007-03-15 19:54
    Borsodi,

Another forum participant·mentioned to·our Editor that there are some great articles·about using Microsoft Robotics Studio to work with BASIC Stamp acquired sensor measurements on devx.com.· Here are links:

Turn Your PC Into a Motion Sensing Security Device with .NET
    http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/32278

Discover a New Frontier for .NET Development: Program an LCD Display
    http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/32067

Each three page article has good explanations, illustrationis, and downloadable source code.

Regards, Andy

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Andy Lindsay

Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Andy Lindsay (Parallax)) : 3/15/2007 8:18:18 PM GMT
    edited 2007-03-15 22:36
    thanks Andy;· This is all neat stuff. We had our Academia night last night and robotics ..(5 boe-bots) and a electrical wheel chair (wireless work in progress went over very well).· We have a local board member who is a dairy farmer and the family is installing a robotic milking parlor. I look forward to seeing the setup with my students.

al

·