Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
propeller assm code examples — Parallax Forums

propeller assm code examples

ratronicratronic Posts: 1,451
edited 2007-03-07 18:39 in Propeller 1
I have been looking for any free download showing ·proper syntax and usage. I have·a propeller manual that shows assemby codes, but·not much syntax and usage, plenty of that with spin though. I have used the propeller forum , but·the examples·I see have some help. I would like to find a tutorial showing proper syntax and usage examples for all assembly instructions·in one place. Can somebody point me in the right direction??···· Thanks for any help Dave!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Fix it if ain't broke said...
(replace this text with what was said)
D Rat

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-03-07 18:12
    Aside from this thread: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=601870
    The libraries are the most comprehensive examples of assembly code, the general syntax is:

DAT

label   org

[noparse][[/noparse]label]  [noparse][[/noparse]condtions]  ASM dest, source  [noparse][[/noparse]affects] [noparse][[/noparse]comment]
    [noparse][[/noparse]label]  [noparse][[/noparse]condtions]  ASM dest, source  [noparse][[/noparse]affects] [noparse][[/noparse]comment]

items in bracket are optional, label is a name place holder to refer to a location, conditions specify·the set of conditions for the instruction to be executed, ASM·dest, source is the instruction followed by the destination and source for the instruction,·affects·specifies which flags should be affected by the result of the instruction and comments are comments.

Assembly code is executed by starting it up in a cog using cognew or coginit.

Each of these individual elements are explained more fully in the user manual.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-03-07 18:15
    The only free downloads are the Propeller Manual, the "sticky" threads at the beginning of this forum on Propeller Tricks & Traps and Assembly Examples for Beginners, and a brief document called Propeller Guts which you'll have to search for. None of these are at the level of a tutorial. The only "for cost" manual is the Hydra Manual which has some further information on assembly, but really isn't a tutorial either. As far as I know, there's nothing else yet.

If you have specific questions, feel free to post them.
  • ratronicratronic Posts: 1,451
    edited 2007-03-07 18:39
    I thank everybody for your help, if it was snake it would've have bit me. I look at this forum all the time and tend to ignore things that are aways there. Thanks again, this will definitly help. Dave.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Fix it if ain't broke said...
    (replace this text with what was said)
    D Rat