Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spin PID? — Parallax Forums

Spin PID?

T ChapT Chap Posts: 4,223
edited 2007-03-02 18:05 in Propeller 1
I am researching which motors to use for a system, whether DC or AC brushless, then I'll get the drivers built and ready for code. Below 300 RPM with an encoder at 1000 counts per rev, would a crude PID be possible with Spin utilizing the rotary object? Has anyone already worked with the Propeller and PID for a closed loop servo system?

Comments

• OzStampOzStamp Posts: 377
    edited 2007-03-02 10:29
    Hi

There are some excellent docs available doing simple PID with the Basic Stamps.
    So simple crude PID would be walk in the park stuff... it really depends on what your trying to do.
    300 RPM is relatively slow but would still generate 5000 pulses per second...the rotary object can handle that.
    The counters in each COG can handle from what I understand 40MHZ..

There are some really neat simple closed loop servo systems out there with step and direction type signalling as well.
    So you would not need to generate a analog signal..and the loop is closed inside the drive on some of these readily
    available systems as well ...so all you need to generate is pulses ( and you have done that before)

Cheers
    Ronald Nollet Australia
  • SailerManSailerMan Posts: 337
    edited 2007-03-02 12:28
    Read This Thread It has some really nice code in it.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=635059
  • T ChapT Chap Posts: 4,223
    edited 2007-03-02 18:05
    That is great, thanks for the Boebot PID link! I had searched PID and Propeller and didn't see it somehow.

Post Edited (originator) : 3/2/2007 6:09:41 PM GMT