Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Educational Books — Parallax Forums

Educational Books

computer guycomputer guy Posts: 1,113
edited 2007-03-01 20:27 in Propeller 1
Hi

I am looking for any books that may be helpful in learning how to program the propeller chip.
I like how all the basic stamp books are free and can be downloaded as pdf files.
The only book that i have been able to find is the hydra book which you have to pay for.

Thank you smile.gif

Comments

• parts-man73parts-man73 Posts: 830
    edited 2007-03-01 13:47
    Check some of the Stickies on this forum (The threads in blue at the top of the threads) They are a good place to start for beginners. The Propeller Education kit labs are a good thing to go through, and there are more being written soon. You don't need the Education Kit to do most of the labs so far, they cover mainly fundamentals. There is a PE kit parts kit, available for a modest fee from Parallax ($25) if you already have a Demo board, or Propstick, to give you the parts needed for the advanced labs.

The "Spin code examples for beginners" is also a good thread to traverse.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Brian Meade

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" - Edgar Poe
  • Graham StablerGraham Stabler Posts: 2,507
    edited 2007-03-01 15:49
    http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=25&m=174237

There is a book out later in the year.

As well as the sticky threads check out the examples and of course the manual! I printed mine off and had each chapter spiral bound seperately, its easier to find what I want etc.

Graham
  • computer guycomputer guy Posts: 1,113
    edited 2007-03-01 20:27
    Thank you will have to wait then i have read parts of the manual and it seems to mainly be about the actual structure of the propeller chip. Rather than a guide for programming with it.

Thank you smile.gif