Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How do I take the Basic Stamp 2 Commercial? — Parallax Forums

How do I take the Basic Stamp 2 Commercial?

Keith HiltonKeith Hilton Posts: 150
edited 2007-02-26 17:58 in Learn with BlocklyProp
tongue.gif·A potentiometer is one of the most used control devices in electronics. I have figured out various ways to use sensors, the Basic Stamp 2, and digital potentiometers in various·control situations for electronic·music instruments.· Experimenting, and playing is great·fun, but I am in the business of making electronic devices for the music industry.· I don't want to install the whole Parallax Homework Board in some small electronic musical device.· My question then is;· "How do you transfer what you have worked out on the Parallax Homework Board, to a small, less expensive device that can be incorporated in the circuit of a electronic musical device?"· I know ZERO about flashing a chip, although I have heard about it.· Do I need to start a study of PIC miro controllers to get the small, less expensive device that can be put on a circuit board of a electronic musical device?· In simple terms, "How do I take the Basic Stamp 2 commercial, and out of the fun, games, and educational experience?tongue.gif

Comments

• UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2007-02-26 17:51
    Hi Keith, you may find this thread along the lines of what you are asking.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=567989

Jeff T.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2007-02-26 17:58
    Keith,

There are a couple approaches you can take:

1. The OEM method: Parallax sells preprogrammed BASIC Stamp chips, which you can design into your own systems.

2. The systems integration method: The MoBoStamp-pe is designed to be a compact, foundational platform for integration into users' devices. Using the available and forthcoming off-the-shelf daughterboards (or daughterboards of your own design), along with the forthcoming extrusion-based enclosure system, you will be able to put together professional-looking systems with minimal effort.

-Phil