Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Continuous Servo Output without BASIC Stamp Intervention using the MoBoStamp-pe — Parallax Forums

Continuous Servo Output without BASIC Stamp Intervention using the MoBoStamp-pe

Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
edited 2010-01-26 14:27 in BASIC Stamp
The MoBoStamp-pe BASIC Stamp-2pe motherboard includes two AVR coprocessors for offloading realtime tasks from the onboard BASIC Stamp. A popular candidate for coprocessor control has been the continuous pulsing required by RC servos to keep them on position. This is something the MoBoStamp's AVRs can handle with ease. Attached is a zip containing AVR object code and documentation for a firmware servo controller. In brief, this firmware allows each coprocessor to control and refresh up to four servos, without BASIC Stamp intervention. With two coprocessors, this totals eight servos that can be controlled from one MoBoStamp board. Here's a photo of four of them in action:

attachment.php?attachmentid=45470

Enjoy!
Phil
600 x 450 - 74K

Comments

• N HasanN Hasan Posts: 3
    edited 2010-01-25 16:13
    Is this firmware available somewhere on the Parallax site along with its source code? So far I have only been able to find GPIO firmware.
  • hover1hover1 Posts: 1,929
    edited 2010-01-25 22:36
    I believe the firmware is available at the bottom of the first post in the form of a ZIP file.
  • N HasanN Hasan Posts: 3
    edited 2010-01-26 14:27
    Yes...I noticed. I just wanted to know if its officially available from Parallax along with the source.