Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ramp Time for Servos — Parallax Forums

Ramp Time for Servos

John R.John R. Posts: 1,376
edited 2007-02-11 14:36 in Propeller 1
I'm using the Servo32 object, driving 18 servos, and it works great. This is on a Nomad robot from CrustCrawler (See the link on my sig for more details).

Currently, I'm calculating servo pulse widths and controlling timing on a PC, and sending commands via serial connection at 114,200. That is working fine, but slower than I'd like.

I'm going to need to pass some start/end points and a "ramp time". Back on this thread http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=576634 a couple folks (Jonny Mac, are you there?) talked about doing something with ramp times.

I know conceptually how to do this, but I was wondering if anyone else has already tamed this dragon.

This "project" is intended to be a PC interface for controlling the Nomad, and displaying sensor information. I'll replace the USB serial connection with a wireless connection at some point. Part of what I'm working on balancing out now is how much calcuation/processing will be done on the PC side, and how much will need to be done on the Prop side. Right now, communication rates are the bottleneck.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
John R.
Click here to see my Nomad Build Log

Post Edited (John R.) : 2/12/2007 4:21:29 AM GMT