Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
MG's Basic i2c — Parallax Forums

MG's Basic i2c

T ChapT Chap Posts: 4,223
edited 2007-02-11 15:07 in Propeller 1
I am trying to DL Mikes version of the Basic I2C object, it keeps downloading a 7 segment object instead for some reason.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-02-11 07:09
    I just tried downloading it from the Object Exchange and I get the correct file. Try again. If necessary, reload the Object Exchange page or try to clear your browser's cache first.
    Mike
  • Harrison.Harrison. Posts: 484
    edited 2007-02-11 07:14
    Try refreshing the page and re-downloading the object. If that doesn't work, close your browser and reopen the page. I think the problem is caused by a bad viewstate with an asp.net control that they are using for the object exchange.

To reproduce originator's problem: Move around pages, change the sorting, then hit the back button on your browser. Then try to download an object. It will usually download an object with the same index on a different page. It looks like Parallax needs to either turn on viewstate verification or make sure viewstate is enabled on the critical controls on that page.
  • T ChapT Chap Posts: 4,223
    edited 2007-02-11 07:17
    Finally it worked, thanks guys. I want to practice on the existing EEPROM, then possibly either add an extra one or expand the existing if it is doable.

To test on the boot EEPROM, would you simply look down the list starting at 0000 though 7FF0, find the first available location and write there?

Post Edited (originator) : 2/11/2007 7:25:21 AM GMT
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2007-02-11 15:07
    There really isn't a "list". Best thing is to start at the end of memory ($7FFF end) and work downwards. That way, only the most extremely large programs will be an issue. Programs have to have stack space and VARs space which is placed at the end of the program in RAM and these don't get recorded in EEPROM (although the space is zeroed), so you will always be able to use this space in the EEPROM. On the program memory map window (when you compile using F8 key), the first part of the bar is the space where the actual program is recorded in the EEPROM.