Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Questions — Parallax Forums

Questions

codekingcodeking Posts: 39
edited 2007-02-10 03:16 in Propeller 1
I have several questions

* How do you access external files? Let's say I have a text file saying "Testing 1 2 3 Testing." How do I read this file?

* What's the difference between VGA and TV files?

* Where can I find information on how RCA cables work. What rate do they go at? (Baud?) Do you they have a start byte and a stop byte? Are the colors 32 bit? Just all the info.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
-Theron Luhn

"There are two things that are infinate: Human Stupidity and the universe. I'm not sure about the latter." - Mark Twain

Comments

• bassmasterbassmaster Posts: 181
    edited 2007-02-10 03:11
    1.dat
    2.the manual.
    3.internet
  • mahjonggmahjongg Posts: 141
    edited 2007-02-10 03:16
    codeking said...
    * How do you access external files? Let's say I have a text file saying "Testing 1 2 3 Testing." How do I read this file?

Depends on where the "external file" resides. If you send "Testing 1 2 3 Testing." through a serial port to the prop, you need to have software running on the prop that emulates the serial interface device (UART).
    But if you have (for example) the files on a memory card you need to have hardware interface to hook up a memory card connector, and software to use the memory card as an external storage device (and yes, somebody already designed this hardware, and the software too).
    codeking said...
    * What's the difference between VGA and TV files?

See the thread "Graphics Pinouts", here:

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=630483

where I first explain the way the VGA connector is hooked up, and also how the TV-out hardware works.
    codeking said...
    * Where can I find information on how RCA cables work. What rate do they go at? (Baud?) Do you they have a start byte and a stop byte? Are the colors 32 bit? Just all the info.

RCA cables, are just coaxial cables, for (high speed) analog signals, they don't have a "baud rate", see:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rca_connector

The number of colors the prop can generate depend, on many factors, external hardware connected, software used, available ram, no clear answer is possible.

Just all the info?, read "Hitchhiking guide to the galaxy" smilewinkgrin.gif (p.s., the answer is "42")