Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
LM35 Temperature sensor — Parallax Forums

LM35 Temperature sensor

paulmacpaulmac Posts: 51
edited 2007-02-09 14:22 in Propeller 1
Can the Props A/D conversion be used with a LM35 Temperature sensor?

Thanks.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
I stand on the shoulders of giants

Comments

• bambinobambino Posts: 789
    edited 2007-02-07 16:02
    The voltage swing on that device is capable of going over and under the prop's rails. You would have to careful with the supply voltage to the device and what measurements you are taking.ie. steer away from extremes!

Micrchip,Linear, and anolog have some options that would be more suitable and a few in PWM output that would obliveate you having to impliment the A2D circuit required on the Prop. You could just use the counters to measure the signal and cooralate the temp from that. I don't know if that PWM version come in a TO-92 die or not but most do.
  • paulmacpaulmac Posts: 51
    edited 2007-02-08 21:49
    Thanks for the info.
    I found the sensor in a bargain bin, and needed one for a project. Hmm, may have to get something that spits out values on a serial line.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I stand on the shoulders of giants
  • inserviinservi Posts: 113
    edited 2007-02-09 08:48
    Hello,
    Sorry for the LM35 but i discover rescently ( thanks to this forum and to Brian and Tracy ) the DS18B20 from Dallas. It is a 1_wire device (serial) very easy to interface with the Propeller. Even at long distance, 20M with just 2 resistors and 3 cables, or a simple transistor and 2 cables.
    You can find sample to use it in the Object exchange, '1-wire routines'.

Best uses,

dro

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    in medio virtus
  • mahjonggmahjongg Posts: 141
    edited 2007-02-09 14:22
    And another solution would be to use the LM75 which uses the I2C interface. Drivers for I2C are available for the prop.

Mahjongg