Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Hydra sram card comming soon... - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

Hydra sram card comming soon...

13»

Comments

• mahjonggmahjongg Posts: 141
    edited 2007-03-14 01:06
    Yes, the "mini wave" is the "hollow tip" solder point I was talking about also. A tip like that is ideal for soldering SMT IC's because the little pit of molten solder can be used to wet a whole range of pins in one stroke. Any superfluous solder that shortens two pins can then be removed with solder-wick.

The 379 also seems to come with a metal solder point cleaner instead of a sponge, which generally works better than a wet sponge and you do not need to have a supply of distilled water to wet the sponge with.

Mahjongg
  • AndreLAndreL Posts: 1,004
    edited 2007-03-14 03:39
    I don't think I know a single EE on the planet that actually uses distilled water [noparse]:)[/noparse] I have used my drink on the sponge before in a pinch, the sugar carmelizing from the drink smells nice [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Andre'
  • mahjonggmahjongg Posts: 141
    edited 2007-03-14 11:29
    Well you know one now smile.gif, at our show we used to use distilled water, something to do with the calcium in te water as I understand it. In due time the sponges would become hard because of it. We now only use the metal cleaners (made out of brass "wool" or something like it) to clean our tips, works much better than a wet sponge.

Most drinks I can imagine you drinking would be heavy acidic (and contain a lot of caffeine) , so perhaps that helps to clean the points. smile.gif

Mahjongg