scottascotta Posts: 168
edited 2007-02-04 16:43 in Propeller 1
The IDE really needs a Serial port monitor. Hyperterm is killing
my fingers.

Scott

Comments

• JamesxJamesx Posts: 132
    edited 2007-02-03 05:18
    What I do is wire up a Prop Plug, and use some or all of PC_Debug, outputting to a little gem called RealTerm. The cost is the loss of a Propeller pin or two. But the gain is full-time, full-bore debugger/data logger. It's way easier than going in and out of Hyperterminal to turn on/off ports, hang up, call in etc etc.

Jim C
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-02-03 06:12
    Jeff the author of the Propeller Tool is working on a debug terminal feature, at first it will be much like the Stamp's debug terminal, but he is making it extensible so eventually it will do much more.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • bassmasterbassmaster Posts: 181
    edited 2007-02-03 14:57
    Can he add hex scripting, and maybe crc/lrc calculation? I·modified a GNU· vb app like this.... it does LRC with hex or text sending and recieving... your welcome to play with it and use it as you desire. I found it usefull with ICOM recievers, Pump controllers, etc. It is a good app for industrial testing/debugging, it needs some work to save to file/clear buffer of textbox when full, etc.

Post Edited (bassmaster) : 2/3/2007 3:18:09 PM GMT
    785 x 371 - 28K
  • scottascotta Posts: 168
    edited 2007-02-03 15:13
    Thanks Paul,

What is the expected release date ?

Jim,

I picked up two plugs, and gave one to a friend. Time to go out in
    the cold to find the other...
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2007-02-04 04:43
    We typically don't provide release dates because it leads to customer disappointment when dates can't be met. I will say that he is on a month sabbatical at the moment and plans on spending the second half concentrating on implementing this, so hopefully it will be ready for release when he returns, but this isn't a promise.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
  • bassmasterbassmaster Posts: 181
    edited 2007-02-04 13:38
    Paul Baker (Parallax) said...
    We typically don't provide release dates because it leads to customer disappointment when dates can't be met

I want to work for Parallax, what a concept !!!!!!!!!!!
  • rokickirokicki Posts: 1,000
    edited 2007-02-04 16:43
    And note that if he spends his second half of his sabbatical working on this, these guys not only work on their paid
    time, but also on their free time. What dedication!