Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
embedded systems conference — Parallax Forums

embedded systems conference

Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,660
edited 2007-02-02 19:43 in Propeller 1
I see that Parallax is scheduled to exhibit (booth 2610) at the ESC in San Jose CA on April 2-5.

Free exhibit pass in advance:
[noparse][[/noparse]ur[noparse][[/noparse]http://www.embedded.com/esc/sv/registration/

For folks in the area, it will be a good chance to meet with our friends from Parallax, and to see a lot of technology in and out of the box. If the past is any indication, Parallax will put on a good show. I expect to see a crowd around the booth clamoring for the free beenies?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Tracy Allen
www.emesystems.com

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2007-02-01 19:32
    This will be a Propeller-only trade show presentation since most of the ESC visitors are well aware of our other product lines. We'll be providing free Propellers and kits at the show. Tickets will soon be available through our web site for free admittance. Not sure about the beenies yet.

All of us will be present and we'd really like to meet our customers at this show.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • rokickirokicki Posts: 1,000
    edited 2007-02-01 19:48
    Okay this looks like fun! Is Parallax also planning a separate meet-and-greet for Propeller enthusiasts? Maybe we can
    bring and show off some of the cool toys we've built. I'm putting this on the calendar right now!
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2007-02-01 20:13
    Rokicki,

We hosted such a meeting at Parallax one year ago. It was a lot of fun for everybody and the attendees requested we do it again.

Bring anything you want to the show to share.

We'll start considering a Prop-head gathering at our office, either during the show or afterwards date TBD.

See you there,

Ken
  • rokickirokicki Posts: 1,000
    edited 2007-02-01 20:45
    Okay, I was thinking like just a get-together in a suite or room somewhere during the conference, but in San Jose.
    I bet a lot of people from Silicon Valley would be happy to drive to San Jose for such an event, but a drive to
    Rocklin is a much larger commitment.
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,660
    edited 2007-02-02 19:43
    It is indeed rewarding to meet people and attach faces to the words and ideas. It would be fun at least to have an informal convergence at the show, a day and time. There are always tables in the wifi area or lounge area at those shows where people can gather informally to talk, if the space around the booth is too crowded.

Ken, are you planning to have the fun action demos that Parallax is noted for? Many other exhibits at those shows are so stodgy, or else strident, or me-too-in-the-box, you are left wondering what they do and why. Believe me, propellers and kits sound a lot better than beanies or breath mints.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com