Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Hydra Asset Manager released! — Parallax Forums

Hydra Asset Manager released!

KeeblerKeebler Posts: 58
edited 2007-03-11 18:50 in Propeller 1
Hey everyone,

The Hydra Asset Manager is ready for it's first release.
Hydra Asset Manager 1.04

H.A.M. requires .NET Framework 2.0. If you don't have it, here's a link:
Download .NET Framework 2.0
The Hydra Asset Manager Documentation said...

The Hydra Asset Manager was created to help game authors' organize and update the assets for their games. One of the benefits of the Hydra is it's EEPROM cartridges and their ability to hold more than just the 32k executable image. However, this immediately begs the question, how do the programmers get their game assets onto the EEPROM? Like they say, "Necessity is the mother of invention."

With the Hydra Asset Manager (H.A.M.), you can simply drag and drop files into the application, arrange them in memory and upload them to the Hydra. Also, you can also download the entire EEPROM image from the Hydra and save it to your PC for later re-use.
Hopefully this will help the developers do more experimentation with that extra 96KB [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Please check it out and I'm open to any comments/suggestions. Do keep in mind that it's a first release and this is the bare minimum in functionality. It's going to get more polished and more features are already being added.

My email address is in my profile and in the Help | About box in the Hydra Asset Manager.

Thanks,
Richard Benson

Post Edited (Keebler) : 2/2/2007 6:56:17 PM GMT

Comments