Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Can I download source codes listed in Basic Stamp manual? — Parallax Forums

Can I download source codes listed in Basic Stamp manual?

basicstampedebasicstampede Posts: 214
edited 2007-01-29 20:48 in BASIC Stamp
Hello.· Are the source code examples shown on BS Manual available for download?
The manual itself is pdf and I cannot "cut & paste" the code.

Comments

• Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2007-01-29 16:13
    You can use the text select tool in Adobe Acrobat to select the text and copy, then paste into the editor...
  • basicstampedebasicstampede Posts: 214
    edited 2007-01-29 16:27
    Steve, perhaps I'm not doing it properly. Could you please give a step by step procedure? I did not see the "text and copy" under my Tools. I'm using Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0.0
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2007-01-29 18:03
    Hello basicstampede,

The gray-shaded example code listings that appear in the BASIC Stamp Manual after each command description are already included with the BASIC Stamp Editor installer.··Click File -> Open From, then click on the Default BS* Directory of your choice.· Some of the examples in the Default BS2 directory·include conditional compilation so they will run with any BS2* model.· Some commands specific to certain models, such CONFIGPIN for the BS2px, will be in the default directory for that model.

You can also access the example code when browsing through the Help file's·PBASIC Reference.· Click on the Alphabetical Listing or Categorical Listing, then click on the·command you are interested in.· When the command's page opens, look for the "example" link in the top right-hand corner.· If you click this you will see the example code listing and can copy and paste from it.

Hope this is what you were looking for,

-Stephanie Lindsay
    Editor, Parallax Inc.
  • bgthreebgthree Posts: 14
    edited 2007-01-29 20:48
    As for how to copy text in Adobe (this is for the free version of Adobe Reader, so I'm sure professional does it too):

Click on the little "cursor" icon in the graphic toolbar (it says "select" on the button), just to the right of the little "hand" icon in the toolbar. That turns your mouse pointer from a hand into a cursor, and you can select text. This only works in some .pdf's (presumably where the reader is able to convert the image to text).

Hope this helps