Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
FTDI Products — Parallax Forums

FTDI Products

CruxCrux Posts: 74
edited 2007-01-30 10:18 in BASIC Stamp
I dont know where to place this query. I hope you could help me with this one.

I want to know if parallax distibutes products of FTDI like those of FTDI's demoboards and etc?

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-01-29 15:22
    Crux,

Not being BASIC Stamp related this should probably be in the Sandbox, but I will address it here this time without moving it. The FTDI Chips that we carry can be found at the following link. We don’t necessarily carry every part they have to offer, just the ones listed. I hope this helps. Take care.

http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/products/ftdi/ftdi_chips.asp

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2007-01-29 16:59
    Hi Crux, hi Chris, FTDI sell some nice products that would really work well with a Sx or Bs2. I belive Parallax sell enough of the core components to be able to build a Vdrive and a USB to TTL cable but I would find it very difficult to actually make them. Is there any chance in the near future that Parallax will manufacture these components or import them for distribution, I think they would sell well ready made. The cost in dollars is around $70 for a cable and Vdrive inclusive of shipping ,I will probably order them·from FTDI but it would be much more convenient if I could order them from Parallax.

Jeff T.
  • CruxCrux Posts: 74
    edited 2007-01-30 10:18
    I agree with Unsoundcode. It would really be comfortable for customers, specially me that I am from the Philippines, that Parallax would do distributions of FTDI products since I dont know any reseller or FTDI products distributor here in the Philippines. I hope that you would do this one day.