Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EOM BS2SX programming problems — Parallax Forums

EOM BS2SX programming problems

PhilippePhilippe Posts: 3
edited 2007-01-29 14:34 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,
I'm using from lot of time applications with eom bs2sx ordered to selectronic in France. The old version flashed to basic interpreter work fine. recently I ordered new oem sx28 basic interpreter, Result, I can't programm then.
If , on my PCB I place an old oem module, It's running, Programmation is ok, application work fine.
If I place a new oem module I c'ant program it... What's change?
Your France partner said "I delivered to you what you ordered... I can't help you... see with parallax... bla bla bla" freaked.gif

My position is very bad because we are a small company selling applications with this modules...
can you help me ?

Ps I allready install the last version·of software, same problem.

Thank's

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2007-01-26 17:13
    The only thing I can think is that the new SX28's you've recieved haven't been programmed by Parallax yet -- it's an easy mistake to make.

Your post makes it look like you ordered Parallax SX28 OEM Interpreter chips (meaning NOT "off-the-shelf" sx28 chips, but Parallax programmed ones) -- so that SHOULD have worked, but apparently not.

It's also not clear from your post -- are you trying to 'flash' the SX28's?· Or are you trying to use the Parallax programmed SX28's to program an on-board EEPROM?
    ·
  • PhilippePhilippe Posts: 3
    edited 2007-01-29 08:30
    Allanlane5,
    Thank's for your answer.
    I use the bs2 programmer, stampw.exe to program the eeprom.

Ok I suppose that the sx28 are not programmed for BS2.

I've an Idea,
    I've a board with a working interpretor, with his eeprom.
    If I change on this board only the SX28, did the board working, or did I need to reprogram the eeprom..
    eg, Are the new sx28 can be used as a "standard exchange'?

thank for a quick answer
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2007-01-29 14:27
    No, the stuff programmed into the SX28 is "Parallax Proprietary" -- it's the basis of their business.

If you have a board with a working interpreter chip (sx28 programmed by Parallax) and you use this to program the eeprom. Then you should be able to swap in another interpreter chip (another sx28 programmed by Parallax) and have it work -- you don't need to reprogram the eeprom in this case.

The critical part is the Parallax programmed sx28 chip. An off-the-shelf 'plain' non-programmed sx28 chip is not going to work.
  • PhilippePhilippe Posts: 3
    edited 2007-01-29 14:34
    Allanlane5
    OK, thank's
    so that suppose that my "new" sx28 are not programmed with the parallax programm.
    So I've to see with my local reseller...
    thank's